What Counts as a Close Contact?
You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more within a 24-hour period AND one or both parties was not wearing a mask
• You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
• You shared eating or drinking utensils
• They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
Steps to Take Right Away
- Let your work supervisor and close contacts know that you need to quarantine.
- If you do not meet critical worker criteria, stay home and monitor your health.
- Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell, and other symptoms of COVID-19.
- If possible, stay away from others even within your own home, especially those who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19.